What is this subject about?
BTEC level 2/3 in Applied Science
BTEC level 3 in applied Science is an excellent starting point for anyone who sees their future career in Science. This 2 year course covers a wide range of topics across biology, physics and chemistry. This BTEC course is very practical with plenty of opportunities to implement the theory that you learn and the possibility to acquire a high level of very useful practical laboratory skills for your future.
You will study a range of biological, physics and chemistry. The course is a mixture of theory and practice which will help you identify your areas of interest for the future. Some of the units included in the course are:
- Human physiology
- Disease and microbiology
- Organic and inorganic chemistry
- Forensic and biomedical science
- Astronomy and Space
- Medical physics applications
How will I be assessed?
There are three kinds of assessment:
- External: examinations and set tasks for some units
- Internal: practical skills, projects and case studies
- Synoptic: Pupils will be asked to independently select and apply learning from across their programmes in the completion of a vocational task.
This course will be very helpful for pupils who will be interested in many different science related careers and university degrees. Some of the degrees you can access are Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Clinical Science, Life Science, Pharmaceutical Science and Physic